Tuesday 26 June 2012

Dieting

I'm not the type who's into dieting, and I've always been quite happy enough with my figure. I'm not fat, but not skinny either XD Well~ to the Asian standard I am actually on the bigger side *sob sob* but it's the opposite for the Western standard LOL so I'm just juggling in the middle.
But I haven't been too happy with how I look, for a few reasons mainly because I've gained a few kilos recently and it started to freak me out. Most people also know that I'm not that big into Lolita anymore, and Lolita actually compliments my body with absolutely no boobs and big hips XD; I'm more interested in Gal style these days and it's such a pressure to look thinner so I want to try to go for the Calories diet as I think it's the most safe & consistent diet out there. The only thing is that you need to be very patient with this type of diet as you lose weight veryyyyyyy slowly, but surely I hope!

I kinda tested this out before my trip, but I messed it up with too much ice-cream and chocolates XD so I said forget it, I'll try again after coming back from Germany. I'm going to start again tomorrow!
The first 3 days I want to do some sort of detox with fruits and water only to clean out my system first. I know some girls would go for 1~2 weeks but I think that's a bit much, I don't think I can last that long...
Then after that it's the actual diet with no more than 1000 Calories per day. I think it might be hard at first but eventually you'll get used to eating less. Actually I haven't had much of an appetite lately, which is good for losing weight (I've already lost 2 kilos FUCK YES!!!) but at the same time, I feel like I have no energy at all. I feel like a sloth! So the main thing is that don't overdo it, until I've reached my healthy goal weight then I'll start eating normally again to maintain that weight. Stick thin is sick imo.

Anyone who's also doing the Calories Diet?? Please share your tips and advices. How much can you lose in one week and one month?

Until next time~!

2 comments:

  1. I think that a low-calorie diet is a great way to drop a few pounds with not a lot of effort! I was on just a low-cal diet for the past 2 months, but recently I switched to low-calorie plus cardio and weightlifting workouts three times a week. (Because I have a desk job this summer. hah)

    I didn't really track weight since I didn't have a scale in the dorms, but on the low-cal I managed to lose 3cm in my bust and 5cm in my waist. (Woo) I think poundage came out around 10lbs in 2ish months (between 1lb and 1.5lbs a week). My net calories were at 1200 a day.

    A good way to do it is to figure out how much walking you do on a daily basis, find out how many calories that burns, and add it to your daily count. If you burn 200 calories a day walking around and only eat 1000, that's not good for your body.

    I've heard that you should eat between 1000 and 1200 net calories a day on a low-cal diet. Though, if you feel really tired your body might need a few more calories. I recommend trying the 1200 version and seeing how you feel. :) One way I boost my energy and help myself feel full is by eating nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc.) and dried berries (those that are low in sugar)!

    Good luck!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all the tips! <3 Really helpful!

    It might be a good idea to not have a scale, because I'm obsessed with weighting myself everyday and when you see that there's no instant weight loss, you just lose all faith XD;
    I should limit myself to weighting once/week.

    I do like nuts so that sounds like a good idea. I tnink the worst thing is that you're being forced to eat something you don't like everyday just so you can lose weight (u__u)

    ReplyDelete